Instructions to Authors
- The Journal of Contemporary Islamic Studies (JCIS) publishes conceptual and research papers that addresses significant issues in the field of contemporary Islamic studies which are of relevance to the academia and the community at large.
- Manuscripts could be in English, Bahasa Malaysia or Arabic and should not exceed 7000 words including diagrams, figures, tables etc. Submission should be made in the form of MS Word files. Only original papers will be accepted and copyright of published papers will be vested in the publisher.
- Arabic manuscript should be typewritten in Traditional Arabic font ( 14 font size).
- The abstract should not exceed 200 words, and up to five keywords. Abstract in arabic and malay manuscript should be in both original language and english. The abstract should provide a statement of problem, purpose and methods of the study and the major finding of the research.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain (i) the title and (ii) the name (s) and institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s). A footnote on the same sheet should give the present address and e-mail of the corresponding author.
- Manuscript should be typed in Times New Roman (11 points) in single spacing. It should be divided into sections with short titles or subtitles.
- Footnotes should be kept to a minimum and be numbered consecutively through the text with superscript arabic numerals.
- Tables should be numbered consecutively in arabic numerals headed with short titles.
- All illustrations should be referred as figures and should be numbered consecutively in arabic numerals.
- References should be complete and placed at the end of the manuscript. All in-text citations and bibliography of references should follow the APA standard. Samples of entries are as follow:
- Book: Abu Ameenah Bilal Philip. (2007). The Evolution of Fiqh. Kuala Lumpur: AS Nordeen.
- Journal: Wael E. Al-Rashed. (2010). Corporate Performance under Corporate Governance in the GCC Countries. Malaysian Accounting Review. 9 (2): 139-163.
- Authors should make sure that there is a one-to-one correspondence between the in-text citations and the bibliography in the reference list.
- Manuscripts submitted to the journal will be initially screened by the editors to determine its appropriateness.
- Only those manuscripts considered appropriate will follow a double blind reviewing process. The contents of the manuscripts shall be the sole responsibility of the authors and the editor does not acccept responsibility for damage or loss of manuscripts submitted.
- The review process for the submitted paper would take the minimum period of 2 month to maximum of 5 month after submission.
- The milestone of submitted manuscripts prior to publication process is as follows:
|3. Correction and proofread||1 month|
|4. Copy editing||2 weeks|
|5. Final editing||2 weeks|
|6. Submission to UiTM Press|